Wednesday, March 29, 2006

needle in a haystack, har, har

So I was working on the second circus-freak jaywalker while waiting in line at the bank drive-thru earlier today, and when I drove away I just put my knitting on the passenger seat. When I went to go knit on my break later, my head exploded with rage and frustration when I couldn't find the fifth needle. I went and got a cup of coffee, picked up the shattered remains of my head, re-assembled them, and did a thorough search of my car, which is not what you might call "neat" or "clean" or "organized" if you were the kind of person who, you know, has eyes. I finally found it and managed to get a few rounds done. Now that I'm home it's time for good ol' hourglass sweater.
p.s. so those of you who've met me know I'm about as white as it gets without being a Nelson, right? Today at work I was asked (by someone who knows I'm not married, and thus have my own name) if my last name is "a white person name." Heee!

I'm going to make like a xerox and copy: the Four-themed Meme! via Noelle.

Four jobs I've had:
1. salesgirl, Totes/Sunglass World factory outlet (once the lights behind the "Totes/Sungl" part of the sign went out and my coworkers and I screamed with laughter over the thought of working at "ass World"), Tannersville, PA
2. archaeological field/lab technician (and occasional crew chief), multiple companies, multiple states
3. teaching assistant, UNM anthropology dept
4. Sunday School teacher (no, really. My mom made me), Cherry Lane UMC, Tannersville, PA

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. The Muppet Movie
2. Elizabeth
3. A League of Their Own
4. SuperTroopers

Four places I've lived:
1. Reisterstown, MD
2. Tannersville, PA
3. Erie, PA
4. Albuquerque, New Mexico

Four TV shows I love:
1. the Simpsons
2. America's Next Top Model
3. Seinfeld
4. PBS Mystery!

Four places I've vacationed:
*I've never really "vacationed" since I've been an adult. (Unless you count those four years of college.) So:
1. Nag's Head, North Carolina (repeated family vacations of my youth)
2. Jackson Hole, Wyoming (my one and only spring break trip)
3. San Diego, California (weekend, to see my grandmother)
4. Tempe, Arizona (weekend, to see Amy)

Four of my favorite dishes:
1. strawberry shortcake, chocolate cake, or anything involving both strawberries and chocolate
2. real pizza
3. my mom's Chinese chicken. Well, okay, anything my mom makes, including
4. blackberry cobbler, with blackberries my sisters and I picked ourselves

Four sites I visit daily:
1. the powderroom
2. Overheard in New York
3. Manolo!
4. Myspace

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. on my snowboard
2. with my sister katie, at our parents'
3. DFW, to visit Jessa!
4. in my sleeping bag, under the stars

No comments: