Thursday, March 23, 2006

enter the gladiator



...that's the name of the song that you associate with the circus. (Or, anyway, that I associate with the circus. And I tried googling to find a link so you can hear the song I mean, but I keep finding these crazy cellphone ring-tone sites that either won't load or are sensory overload, so I'll settle for this: it's the song that goes doo-doo-doodadoodoo-doo-doo doo-doo-doo-doo!)
Yesterday(ish) I finished this, which I have dubbed the Circus Freak Jaywalker, because of its crazy stripes. I really need to get a digital camera, because my camera phone is not doing justice to the colors. I mean, look at my leg, for example. In real life it's more glaringly white than pink and blotchy, which is how it's looking on my screen. The ribbing is bothering me. It's a little loose. But I think for my next pair of socks (ah yes! I'm a forward-looker!) maybe I'll cast on size 0 and then switch back to 1's once I get past the ribbing. I really dig the colors, anyway. I'll focus on that.

5 comments:

Scoutj said...

Look at you, little Miss, "Oh I can't do socks!"

Ramona said...

I like your "circus freak" Jaywalkers!

Anonymous said...

Try this for the music:
http://www.bittybitznpieces.com/midi/enter%20the%20gladiator%20theme.mid

Anonymous said...

Oi! Those are by far the most spiffisome awesomeful socks I have ever seen pictures of! You are ispiring me to finish learning how to knit, so I can make joytacular socks such as those. :-)

Anonymous said...

have you tried i-tunes or another music site. i found entry of the gladiator