Wednesday, April 12, 2006

and the award goes to...

Noelle! Officially the world's most thoughtful person. Not only did she get me Knitorama for my birthday (from which I'm thinking I'll jump on the grenade purse--get it, jump on the grenade? hee! woo ha ha!--and the dropstitch nightgown), and lend me her Upstairs Downstairs DVD boxset, she also found this awesome snake scarf pattern and sent it to me, remembering that I had mentioned several months ago that I'd like to make a snake scarf for my nephew but had been discouraged by the thought of trying to alter the alligator-mitten pattern in SNBN to make it more snakey (and also a scarf). I liked the look of the yarn, so I went and bought the kit. Yay for a snake to wrapped around my neck! (Well, his neck.) And double yay for people who lend you awesome period-drama DVDs and send you just the pattern you've been looking for! Thank you Noelle!!!!

I finished my hourglass sweater, and one of these days I'll have to get someone to take a picture of me in it. The boatneck is a little wide, but since it's wool and I live in the sunbelt, it's not like I'm going to be able to layer it over anything but a tank top anyway. I've already started another one (at Crafty Friday--good times!) in bright green cotton. Still working on my second "circus freak" jaywalker, which one of my coworkers refers to as his (his? as if!) "pride" socks. I'm knitting a rainbow of understanding in the break room.

6 comments:

Ramona said...

Cari, Happy Happy Birthday!

Nichole D. said...

Hope your birthday was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I hear that book it just amazing... I want it too! LOL! *waves*

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said...

Glad you liked the book and that the pattern was what you had in mind! Have you watched any of the dvds yet? I haven't had a chance to start the Pride and Prejudice yet!

Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a great day and didn't have to work!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!!